Monday, September 1, 2008

Best Broiled Tomato Sandwich

Fresh, ripe tomatoes marinated in olive oil and balsamic vinegar, then broiled with parmesan cheese on toast. Serve warm with bowl of soup.

2 Tbl olive oil
2 Tbl balsamic vinegar
4 ripe tomato, sliced
3 Tbl mayonnaise
1/2 tsp dried parsley
1/4 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper
3 Tbl grated parmesan cheese divided
4 slices of bread lightly toasted

Preheat oven to broil

In shallow bowl, whisk together olive oil and vinegar, marinate the tomato in mixture stirring occasionally.

In small bowl combine mayo parsley oregano, black pepper and 4 tsp parmesan cheese. Spread mixture on each slice of toasted bread. Place marinated tomatoes on 2 slices and sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.

Place on baking sheet and broil for 2 to 5 minutes, or until cheese turns golden brown. Serve immediately, open or closed face.

*This recipe is the best and easiest to make. My husband wasn't sure about it when I told him what I was making but loved loved loved it after trying them. Now its a regular meal for us! So good. I also recommend using a good french or italian bread to jazz it up a bit.

1 comment:

Elisa B said...

Jill
My DH liked it, too! I had to make it on regular bread, but I think Feench bread will realy enhance it! Thanks for sharing! It's easy AND good!